In case you were wondering why I’m not wearing green later this week.
1. I’m not Irish.
2. I’m not Catholic.
3. I don’t drink beer, so no enthusiasm over green beer.
4. Plus, going out to drink would cause me to be up later than 10 o’clock.
5. Leprechauns scare me.
6. I could never find a four-leaf clover.
7. I hate being pinched. (Anyone who has tried to pinch me today has been informed they will be kicked. And I am not kidding.)
8. I have green eyes, so that should be green enough.
9. I don’t look that good in green in the first place.
10. As Mr. V pointed out this morning, isn’t nearly every day some saint’s day? Why did we pick St. Patrick to celebrate as a full-out holiday?
Lest you think I hate every holiday, I promise, I love most of them. The ones that have a point. Like Easter, Thanksgiving, Christmas and patriotic holidays.
Are you a St. Patrick’s enthusiast?