I’m passionate (PASSIONATE!) about using Christmas and Easter to lead our kids to love and celebrate Jesus. I think these bright-and-shiny, larger-than-life holidays are the perfect platforms to make Jesus the center of life and conversation.
I’ve written extensively about both of these holidays and written some ebook devotionals to match (see Truth in the Tinsel and Sense of the Resurrection) so I thought it would be fun for me and easy for you to have all my favorite, FAVORITE celebrate Jesus on Easter (or as I like to call it, Resurrection Day) ideas all in one big spot. These aren’t just my ideas—I added lots of other ideas I’ve used or admired through the years. And there are great resources (books, movies, music, etc.) included here, too.
Go ahead! Peruse and enjoy!
40 Fun Ways to Celebrate Jesus This Easter
1. Do the 12 fun activities from A Sense of the Resurrection: An Easter Experience for Families!
2. Make a Resurrection Garden on Good Friday.
3. Give an unEaster Basket to your kids.
4. Read Benjamin’s Box.
5. Do the Spotless Lamb science experiment.
6. Make (and eat) some yummy Resurrection Rolls.
7. Have a Salvation Art Show at home.
8. Make a paper dogwood and tell the legend of the dogwood.
9. Read Easter, Easter Almost Here! before Palm Sunday.
10. Make some Palm Sunday palm branches and have a dance party!
11. Sing Yancy’s “123 Jesus Is Alive!” (MY FAVORITE SONG EVER.)
12. Read God Gave Us Easter by Lisa Tawn Bergren.
13. Listen to the Sense of the Resurrection playlist on Spotify.
14. Read the Legend of the Three Trees by Angela Hunt.
16. Watch God Rocks’ The Rock That Rolled.
17. Sing The Donut Man’s Hosanna on Palm Sunday!
18. Print free downloadable Scripture art and hang it on your walls!
19. Read The Easter Robin and make your own robin.
20. Make an empty tomb cake!
21. Have a Spring Party on the first day of Spring!
22. Join in with the Sense of the Resurrection fun! (Have I mentioned this already?)
23. Watch “What’s in the Bible? Episode 10″ to see the best explanation and visual of Jesus’ sacrifice for us.
24. Read the Jesus Storybook Bible. Like, all of it.
25. Wear a reminder around your neck.
27. Have a neighborhood party!
29. Read Easter in the Garden.
30. Memorize Scripture.
31. Read Journey, Easter Journey by Dandi Daley Mackall.
32. Do a kid-friendly Passover seder.
33. Talk about the crucifixion.
35. Lead your kids in a romp!
36. Color a mini egg book.
37. Make your own Resurrection Eggs.
40. Decorate your house with some Sense of the Resurrection flags!
Lent is underway, friends. But you’ve still got three weeks till Resurrection Day. Don’t let these 40 days slip away without preparation for Jesus’ greatest gift to us. Your small actions—reading a book, making a craft, setting up a fun experience will stay with your kids forever making a lasting impression and will show them how to celebrate Jesus!
For Every Mom readers can get 20% off “A Sense of the Resurrection: an Easter Experience for Families” with coupon code FOREVERYMOM. It’s regularly $7.99 and this coupon makes it just $6.39!