I must admit that I am oddly obsessed with baby names. I have three kids of my own and really enjoyed selecting the perfect names for them with my husband (Joshua Kenneth, Sophia Diane, and Jonah Laton in case you were wondering). They all are named after beloved family members. I am a fan of more traditional names, and not so much of the way everyone these days has to give their kids a “special” and “unique” name. But that’s just me. However, I think most of us can agree that celebrities are generally the worst offenders when it comes to weird baby names. Famous people have been naming their kids weird stuff for decades (Moon Unit Zappa, anyone?) and they really rose to the occasion in 2015! Here are my picks for the top 10 weirdest celebrity baby names in 2015.
10. Elsie Otter: this lucky young lady is the offspring of New Girl actress Zooey Deschanel. I love Zooey, I do! But she admittedly named her kid after a “Sea Otter” (not a river otter, she wants to make sure you know that). I think Elsie is adorable, but Otter? Just weird.
9. Saint: Yes, we all know this is the offspring of Kim Kardashian West and Kanye West. I don’t really hate it, I just think it’s like, annoyingly typical of Kanye to name his kid “Saint” after famously declaring that he was bigger than Jesus. Barf.
8. Spurgeon: Jessa Duggar Seewald named her baby boy after Christian preacher Charles Spurgeon. While I appreciate the sentiment, I think it would have made a much better middle name. Oof.
7. Jagger Snow: Ashlee Simpson and her husband Evan Ross came up with this gem for their baby girl. I don’t like it. That is all.
6. Rocket Zot: Actor Sam Worthington and model Lara Dingle named their son Rocket Zot. I had never heard of either one, but now I won’t soon forget them. Good luck with that one, kid. I hear your Grandpa’s nickname is “Zot” but I still maintain that it is not a good choice for an ACTUAL NAME.
5. Josey: I actually think Josey is an ADORABLE name, for a girl. Unfortunately, Naya Rivera of Glee named her baby BOY that. Um, José is a boy’s name. Joey is unisex. Josey is a girl’s name. FAIL.
4. Augustus Juppiter: That’s right, Smashing Pumpkins singer Billy Corgan named his kid after a planet but spelled it differently. Because that 2nd “p” makes all the difference, apparently?
3. Titan Jewel: Destiny’s Child alum Kelly Rowland her husband pick her son’s name. TItan seems kinda manly and then Jewel seems really feminine, so…this name just cancels itself out!
2. Nash Skan: This is the son of Olympic skiier Bode Miller. All I can think is “Don Johnson in Nash Bridges.” And I’m guessing Skan is like, Norwegian for “I ski really fast or something” but I don’t care. It’s weird!
1. Sno Filmon Dot Com: this unfortunate name belongs to Keith “Chief Keef” Cozart’s son. Apparently Chief Keef is a rapper. Apparently he also should not be allowed to name kids.
And, that’s a wrap on the worst celebrity names of 2015! Which one do you hate the most?? 🙂