50 Surefire Holiday Date Ideas That’ll Fill Your Heart With Joy
1. Drive around looking for the homes with the best Christmas lights in your pajamas with hot chocolate while listening to a festive Christmas radio station.
2. Go to a Christmas tree farm & cut down your own Christmas tree.
4. Dress up in formal attire & drive to your nearest city to attend a Christmas symphony orchestra concert.
5. Create your own Christmas song together.
7. Become your own hot chocolate critique & go to 5 local coffee shops & split a hot chocolate at each one & rate them to find your favorite.
8. Spend the day decorating the outside of your house with your special someone & then invite your friends, family, & neighbors over for the Christmas house lighting.
9. Spend the evening watching old home movies of when you both were children at Christmastime & watch the magic of Christmas in the eyes of each other when they were young.
11. Get together & make handmade Christmas cards to give to friends & family on Christmas day, or paint a picture of Christmas
12. Go to the mall at Christmas time, without the intent of shopping, & enjoy the Christmas atmosphere (lights, decorations & mall treats).
13. Create a group date with your friends & go Christmas caroling & hand out candy canes.
14. Have a Christmas movie marathon with special Christmas treats.
15. Make sugar cookies & watch all 3 Santa Clause Movies.
16. Make homemade hot chocolate together.
17. Go to Hobby Lobby & enjoying walking the many isles of Christmas decorations.
19. Create your own Christmas song.
20. Visit Dollywood & see the festival of lights.
21. Grab your camera & go exploring for the perfect Christmas card shot.
22. Decorate a Christmas tree together.
24. Have a homemade cookie competition.
25. Create unlabeled Christmas baskets filled with homemade goods & secretly drop them off at friends & families’ houses.
26. Watch the sunset over the first snow of the season.
27. Listen to Christmas music & snuggle.
28. Build snowmen that are holding hands.
29. Have a Christmas present wrapping party. Get together & wrap all of your presents for your friends & family while listening to Christmas music.
30. Shop for & create a shoebox for Operation Christmas Child.
31. Bake dark chocolate cherry scones.
32. Watch A Charlie Brown Christmas.
33. Go to Polar Express in 3D.
34. Dress up & attend a local Nutcracker performance.
35. Go to the grocery store together & buy your favorite dried & canned goods & drop them off at a food bank.
36. Create a shared Christmas bucket list (for many years to come) & mark at least one thing off the list each season.
37. Find & attend a local Christmas tree lighting.
38. Volunteer at a soup kitchen to help those in need during the holiday season.
39. Find the best sledding hill & enjoy an afternoon of sledding just like you did as a kid. Then go warm up by heading to your favorite local coffee shop & getting hot drinks & a sweet treat to share.
40. Make snow ice cream.
41. Go to your closet & pull out everything you didn’t wear last fall & winter, then take a mini trip to your local goodwill & donate your items to charity, & end with date idea number 27.
42. Go to the grocery store together & buy ingredients to create your own one-of-a-kind homemade soup to keep you both warm during the cold nights.
43. Snuggle under a blanket, next to a real crackling fire (inside or outside), & read traditional Christmas stories together.
44. Decorate your home for Christmas together.
45. Spend the day baking as many Christmas cookies as you can (for yourself, friends, & coworkers) while watching holiday tv specials.
46. Go Christmas tree shopping for a real Charlie Brown Christmas Tree.
47. Create a twist on the 12 Days of Christmas song by creating 12 Days of Fun Dates (or Gifts).
48. Collaborate with a Children’s Hospital & dress up like Santa & an elf & visit the children.
49. Go to the mall together, split up for 10 minutes with $10 each, & see who can come up with the most creative Christmas present for the other person.
50. Spend 11-12 pm Christmas Eve night reading the original Christmas story (the nativity story from the Bible) with soft Christmas music & candles in the background.