It’s that time of year again. Kids are going back to school and parents near and far are lining up to capture the oh-so-coveted first day of school photo.
If we’re being honest, it’s not for the memories, it’s for Facebook. Nonetheless, every year we line our kiddos up on the front porch, dressed to the nines with their brand new backpacks and lunch boxes in hand to document the end of summer and the start to a new school year.
Of course, not every first day of school picture lives up to the hype. And fortunately for us, some gloriously surpass all expectations.
Check out these 23 hilarious first day of school photo fails.
- First Day of Pre-K! But first, Coffee.
2. This kid who knows it’s all downhill from here.
3. This kid who survived 10 minutes of Preschool before deciding it was naptime.
4. This girl who might just be what teachers’ nightmares are made of.
5. This kid who’s unsure if he’s upset or really has to poop.
6. This kid who is unknowingly living out his own teenage nightmares.
7. The second day of school just doesn’t have the same appeal.
8. All of the Instagram filters in the world won’t make her look happy about the first day of school.
9. A classic, going straight into her wedding day slideshow.
10. What’s preschool if you don’t put a little boogie into it?
11. It may be the first day of preschool, but one of these triplets can’t hang.
12. The obvious choice for a back-to-school haircut.
13. “I’m not crying, You’re crying!”
14. The kid whose mom forgot to take a first day of school picture
15. The kid whose sibling is not okay with losing their partner in crime.
16. She said we had to take a picture. She didn’t say HOW we had to take it.
17. The kid who only dreams of one day fitting into this class shirt.
18. The kid who’s in for a rude awakening when they tell her she can’t grow up to be a fox or a pony.
19. The kid whose mom forgot to make a sign, so she’s holding a plain piece of paper for the details to be photoshopped later.
20. This kid who is less than impressed with the first day of school outfit you made them wear.
21. May the force be with you, my friend.
22. This kid who knows mom is going to make her do this for the rest of her life…or at least the next 15 years.
23. This kid who just discovered they don’t have cow hauling at Kindergarten.
24. This mom who is LITERALLY all of us, sending FIVE children back to school.