Parenting is no easy feat. There’s no guide book, no instruction manual, and considerably less energy for the amount of effort it takes to raise little ones.
Thanks to Google, Pinterest, and Twitter, parenting doesn’t have to be a shot in the dark.
Whether you’re looking to solve ALL of your parenting problems at once, or simply just need an idea for keeping your car free from yet another three-year-old McDonald’s french fry, these life hacks have got you covered!
Here are 17 Life Hacks to aid your parental sanity today!
1. Mark your children before leaving the house.
Have your kiddos make the bracelets themselves then add your phone number and it’s a win-win!
2. Keep kids from locking the doors with this rubber band life hack.
3. Better yet, protect little fingers altogether with a highly placed pool noodle door jam.
4. Say goodbye to overflowing dishwashers.
Hot glue magnets on the back of a cup for each child. When they’re finished with the cup, simply reattach it to its home: The front of the refrigerator.
5. Keep the sun and bugs out while spending time outdoors.
6. Teach kiddos to put shoes on the correct feet with the help of special stickers.
7. Make a coloring case to go out of an old DVD box.
8. Invest in Costco-sized baking soda.
Combine baking soda and a small bit of water to create a baking soda paste. Then apply to splinter and cover for five minutes. The baking soda will force the splinter out, making removal a breeze
Use the same paste to lift vomit stains from furniture. Simply apply the paste, leave to dry, then vacuum.
9. Use puff paint to create your own non-slip socks.
10. Make cleaning fun!
11. Use to-go sauce cups to keep pacifiers clean in your purse.
12. Create a BIG and safe play pen for controlled fun.
Use a giant inflatable pool in a room our out in the backyard to contain baby in a safe and fun environment.
14. Get your kids to clean their room.
Whoever said you had to be above bribery…?
15. Keep your car clean and your kids entertained with this nifty organizer.
A shoe organizer never looked so good on the back of your seat! Fill it with activities and toys that often clutter up the backseat.
16. Make washing little hands easier with a sink extender.
Use an old soap or shampoo bottle to create an attachment for your sink!
17. Make your own sweet treats that are mommy approved.
Freeze small dots of yogurt onto wax paper and freeze overnight. Then use them for potty training treats, or just a cold summer snack!