5 Things I Learned After I Lost a Friend to Suicide
- Do not blame yourself. There was nothing YOU did that would have caused someone to harm themselves.
- Never judge anyone. We all have our demons, just some are more visible than others.
- Always be kind. You never know when someone needs encouraging words, an ear to be heard or even just a smile from you.
- Show support to their family and friends. They need it and not just right after the tragedy.
- Share their story! We have to keep their memory alive. Others WILL learn from their struggles and pain. Sharing their story may save someone’s life.
Everyone has a story to tell and a story worth sharing!
***A shorter version of this article originally appeared at 30seconds.com.