1. You can win the applause of the whole world and it doesn’t matter if Jesus isn’t clapping.
2. Not all feelings are TRUTH and not all TRUTH feels good.
3. You are going to have people in life who don’t like you … no matter what you do.
4. There is strength in admitting you’re broken.
5. Everyone has a story, and that story can explain a lot.
6. Marriage sometimes looks like loving the person you don’t always like.
7. Relationships are messy and yet absolutely necessary.
8. Growth doesn’t happen all at once.
9. Christians don’t get a “no struggle” pass; they get a “bear your cross” ticket.
10. There is beauty in being known—the good, the bad and the ugly.
11. Incredible healing can come from confrontation.
12. God still works miracles.
13. Your identity is not found in a mirror.
14. God’s love isn’t based on your performance.
15. Your parents are imperfect people who will sin against you.
16. Happiness and joy are not the same.
17. Saying “no” can be healthy, even if it’s not accepted, applauded or appreciated.
18. Satan is out to destroy you.
19. There is no perfect church because there are no perfect people.
20. Friends who love Jesus help you love Jesus.
21. You can be a Christian and have mental health issues.
22. Being a leader doesn’t always look like being a talker.
23. Heaven won’t be filled with people that look like you; heaven will be filled with people that look like Jesus.
24. Church-going, Bible-reading, prayer-asking and tithe-giving will never earn you heaven.
25. Obsessing over your motives is different from guarding your motives.
26. You don’t have to be others and others don’t have to be you.
27. Doing the right thing isn’t always comfortable.
28. Doing the comfortable thing isn’t always right.
29. Assuming the motives of others is very, very dangerous.
30. A right view of Jesus will give you a right view of you.
31. Theology will never be irrelevant.
32. Your expectations are just that … your expectations.
33. This earth was never meant to feel like heaven.
34. You never outgrow a helping hand.
35. You can spend your whole life trying to discern God’s will and never really live.
36. It’s OK if life doesn’t always look black and white … it’s not.
37. If you don’t have any unbelieving friends in your life, go make some.
38. God is big enough for all of your questions.
39. You don’t have to know it all or have it all to give your all.
40. Don’t say what you don’t mean, and don’t promise what you can’t do.
41. Others will do “your things” better than you do “your things,” and that’s OK.
42. Worry will suck the life right out of your life.
43. There isn’t a winner in the game of “Compare.”
44. No matter what this world tells you, this life isn’t about you.