20. Practice your passions.
21. Ask for what you want. The worst thing they can say is no.
22. Wish on stars and dandelions, then get to work to make them happen.
23. Stay as sweet as you are.
24. Fall in love often. Particularly with ideas, art, music, literature, food, and far-off places.
25. Fall hard and forever in love with anything but yourself.
27. Reserve “I’m sorry” for when you truly are.
28. Naps are for grown-ups, too.
29. Question everything, except your own intuition.
30. You have enough. You are enough.
31. You are amazing! Don’t let anyone ever make you feel you are not. If someone does… walk away. You deserve better.
32. No matter where you are, you can always come home.
33. Be happy and remember your roots. Family is EVERYTHING.
34. Say what you mean and mean what you say.
35. No one will ever love you more than I do ❤
36. Be kind; treat others how you would like them to treat you.
37. If in doubt, remember whose daughter you are and straighten your crown.
You can’t teach your daughter what you haven’t learned yourself.
Keep learning. Keep growing. Keep embracing the life lessons that can only be learned through mistakes. And, you can enjoy learning alongside your daughter as you tackle these lessons together.
These Life Rules originally appeared at Ladies Pass It On, published with permission.