There are some life rules that you just need to have in your pocket to remember. These are fun for older teen girls moving onto college. But, don’t wait until she’s nearly grown to uncover these rules to teach your daughter.
37 Important life rules to teach your daughter:
1. Make your bed every day, even if it’s right before you get in it.
2. Don’t worry about holey underwear… if you’re ever in an accident, it’s the last thing anyone cares about.
3. Travel light through life. Keep only what you need.
4. It’s [OK] to cry when you’re hurt. It’s also okay to smash (some) things; but, wash your face, clean your mess, and get up off the floor when you’re done. You don’t belong down there.
5. If you’re going to curse, be clever. If you’re going to curse in public, know your audience.
6. Seek out the people and places that resonate with your soul.
7. Just because you can, doesn’t mean you should.
8. [Five]-second rule. It’s just dirt. There are worse things in a fast food cheeseburger.
9. You are a woman, you do not NEED a man!!
10. Happiness is not a permanent state. Wholeness is. Don’t confuse the two.
11. If you’re staying more than one night, unpack your bag.
12. Never walk through an alley alone.
13. Be less sugar, more spice, and only as nice as you’re able to without compromising yourself.
14. Can’t is a cop-out. Don’t want to is another thing… your call.
15. Hold your heroes to a high standard. Be your own hero.
16. If you can’t smile with your eyes, don’t smile. Insincerity is nothing to aspire to.
17. Never lie to yourself.
18. Your body, your rules.
19. If you have an opinion, you better know why.