I call this one “Faces parents make when they realize they forgot the pacifier.”
(SPOILER-FREE — These are all-time-classic Star Wars quotes.) Whether you’re a big Star Wars fan or love you some parenting humor (or both — like me), you can relate to our annual Star Wars-parenting mash-up! It’s a great excuse to take a break and have a laugh.
1. When Dad was just supposed to fix the lawnmower . . .
“Now, witness the power of this fully operational battle station.”
2. When your toddler is too quiet . . .
“I have a bad feeling about this.”
3. When your friends who are expecting think they’re ready . . .
“I’m not afraid.”
“You will be.”
4. When people without kids go on and on about the excitement . . .
“Hmm! Adventure. Hmmpf! Excitement.”
5. When you finally learn not to accept insults . . .
“…Scoundrel. I like that.”
6. When you’re expecting and everyone — from your doctor to the Starbucks barista — throws statistics at you . . .
“Never tell me the odds!”
7. When you warn your teenager what will happen if she doesn’t listen to you . . .
“Well, you said you wanted to be around when I made a mistake.”
“…I take it back!”
8. When you have guests over and your toddler decides to streak . . .
“That’s no moon.”
9. When you tell the kids something they couldn’t possibly have known . . .