I’ve never thought of what type of man my daughter’s future husband will be until recently.
I came downstairs, tired and grumpy as I always am in the morning. I approached my kitchen counter for my first stop. As I began the routine of making the kids breakfast, packing lunches and making my coffee, I glanced down at his note.
I blushed. I smiled. I sighed.
My daughter Cassidy came beside me and saw the note as I held it to my heart.
“He never forgets, does he mom?”
This is The Future Husband Checklist All of Our Daughters Need to Read
- A man who takes time to feed your heart and honor your dreams.
- A man who nurtures your weaknesses and carries your burdens.
- A man who tells you over and over again that you’re beautiful.
- A man that sees beyond your flaws and embraces your quirks.
- A man who puts your needs first and his second.
- A man who praises your efforts and accepts your failings.
- A man who holds you when you crumble and raises you when you desperately need the lift.
- A man who forgives your mistakes and remembers your gifts.
- A man who listens to your thoughts and cherishes your perspective.
- A man who realizes your potential and admires your purpose.
- A man who trusts you with his vulnerabilities and realizes his insecurities.
- A man of honesty and strength and integrity who can lead his family with faith and perseverance.
- A man of deep abiding passion for all he holds dear.
- A man that never gives up or lets go, because sometimes life gets hard.
- A man who realizes his worth and values yours.
- A man who sacrifices much so that you can have plenty.
- A man who loves you as you are and celebrates as you grow.
- A man who is committed and dedicated to loving you.
Oh, precious daughter. Don’t settle for anything less. May your future husband be all this and more.