I have had two miscarriages. Two losses of life, one several months after the other. Acknowledging them helps me to grieve. It’s been well over 17 years since they left me, but I will always love them and look forward to the day I’ll get to hold them in heaven. They say comfort comes from knowing that you are not alone. May these miscarriage quotes from other women who have experienced the same loss and heartache bring remembrance of love.
21 Miscarriage Quotes for the Grieving Mother
1. You’ll always be my favorite “what if.”
2. No one knew how much I cried that day.
3. An angel in the book of life wrote down my baby’s birth. And whispered as she closed the book, “Too beautiful for Earth.”
4. You were carried for only a moment but are loved for a lifetime.
5. There’s a unique pain that comes from preparing a place in your heart for a child who never comes.
6. I will always wonder who you would have been.
7. I never heard you, but I hear you. I never held you, but I feel you. I never knew you, but I love you.
8. We were going to have a baby. But we had an angel instead.
9. You were with me for just a little while. I grieve because I’ll never see the magic in your smile.
10. To think – the first thing you saw when you opened your tiny little eyes was the face of Jesus.
11. I have a baby I carry in my heart.
12. There is no one too small that they cannot leave footprints in our hearts.
13. My child and pieces of me live in heaven.
14. I carried you every second of your life and I will love you for the rest of mine.
15. A life lost before that life can live is no less of a life and no less loved.
16. Your heart stopped, but my love for you did not.
17. Your life was a blessing. Your memory a treasure. Loved beyond words. Missed beyond measure.
18. I would have given my last breath to see you take your first.
19. If love could have saved you, you would have lived forever.
20. Not all siblings walk hand in hand, for some are in heaven while others walk on land.
21. Angels of heaven, hear my plea. Take care of my baby, just for me.
The death of a child causes grief that is hard to bear. It’s important to process the grief to release energy that is bound to the lost child. Until we grieve effectively, we are likely to find moving on difficult; a part of us remains tied to the past. Remember, grieving is not forgetting. My hope is that one of these miscarriage quotes helps you to honor and remember your baby.