Other Water Safety Tips:
- Swim Lessons Save Lives
- Learn CPR – Drowning patients need oxygen – give air first!
- USCG approved lifejackets only – no arm floaties or inflatables
- Designate A Water Watcher / Swim with a Lifeguard
- Always use pool barriers and layers of protection
- Enter the water feet first
- No running
- Stay hydrated / protect yourself from the sun
- No drugs / alcohol
- All water is dangerous – even inches
- Always swim with a buddy
- Lost / Missing kids – always check the water first
I hope this helps and gives you some practical water safety tips for improving safety during your water-related activities. Share this information to hopefully prevent any more drownings. Stay safe and vigilant!
This post originally appeared at Aquatics Tribe, published with permission.