I don’t wish it upon anyone to go through the same thing I did, but if you have been or currently are being bullied, believe it or not, there are some amazing benefits that arise because of it. Realistically we know bullying will never go away, so I hope these pointers will help you get through it and make you a better person as a result!
Jesus reminded me of several points that I know will also help you in your healing process, no matter if the bullying/gossip happened decades ago.
- If you are being bullied, it could mean that you are doing something RIGHT! Find a trusted friend, school counselor, pastor, etc. to help encourage you through the hurt and healing process.
- You will grow a thicker skin! You will become a tougher, wiser person if you stay focused on God during this process.
- Cling to Jesus even more! Where God will be taking you will require you to cling to Him and not worry about what other people say. I’m learning that being obedient to God is the most important thing I should be concerned about.
- You will discover who your true friends are. The people who come along side you and encourage you to get back up again, are your true friends. Block out anyone who is not.
- You will learn how to forgive and pray for your enemies. Easier said than done. It took me several weeks to get over the resentment and anger. I wanted her to suffer like I had suffered and that isn’t my way of thinking at ALL! Time helped my heart heal along with forgiveness and prayer. If we don’t forgive, we are only hurting ourselves.